- 80% of companies not meeting their revenue goals attract 10,000 monthly website visitors or less. (Source: HubSpot)
- 70% of companies exceeding their revenue goals attract more than 10,000 visitors per month. (Source: HubSpot)
- The biggest challenge for B2B marketers is “generating high-quality leads (61%).” (Source: B2B Technology Marketing Community)
- 73% of all B2B leads are not sales-ready. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- The 3 most common lead generation strategies are: email marketing (78%), event marketing (73%) and content marketing (67%). (Source: DMNews)
- The top 5 B2B lead generation methods that are found to work best are: inside sales, executive events, telemarketing, tradeshows/conferences, and email or e-Newsletters. (Source: MarketingProfs)
- 83% of B2B marketers use content marketing for lead generation. (Source: MarketingProfs)
- 49% of B2B marketers use sales lead quality to assess content marketing success. (Source: MarketingProfs)
- 48% of marketers build a new landing page for each marketing campaign. (Source: HubSpot via MarketingSherpa)
- Approximately 96% of visitors that come to your website are not ready to buy. (Source: Marketo)
- 37% of marketers say that “budget constraints” is the biggest obstacle to effective use of marketing automation. (Source: Pepper Global)
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost. (Source: SalesForce)
- 74% of companies that weren’t exceeding revenue goals did not know their visitor or lead opportunities. (Source: HubSpot)
- The top 3 data factors used to leverage email marketing programs are: demographics (50.8%), purchase history (47.6%), and web behavior (30%). (Source: StrongView Marketing Trends)
- The best B2B email tactic marketers found to be successful is: compelling content for each stage. (Source: B2B Technology Marketing Community)
- About 74% of marketers spend more than $50 per lead and 12% of marketers spend more than $1,000. (Source: Mintigo)
- Per dollar spent, content marketing generates approximately 3 times as many leads as traditional marketing. (Source: Demand Metric)
- 78% of CMO’s see custom content as the future of marketing. (Source: Demand Metric)
- About 58% of marketers who have been using social media for more than 3 years report it has helped them improve sales. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
- Companies that use Twitter average 2 times more leads per month than those that do not. (Source: Marketo)
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (Source: Online Marketing Institute)
What do you think of those statistics?
Were you aware of all of them?
Instead of suffering from analysis paralysis we are going to examine 3 B2B lead generation tips for customer acquisition.
Content marketing, Email Marketing, and Twitter for Customer Acquisition
As you recall from the statistics above content marketing generates roughly 3 times as many leads as traditional marketing.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is where you write content that solves a problem for your potential customer. If your potential customer finds your content, reads it and feels you’re speaking directly to them, then that will become your lead.
Where do you write that content?
How do you figure out how to write content that attracts your ideal customer?
We’ll go through that right here.
Typically business owners such as yourself have a blog in which they can create content for the world to see. If you do not have a blog you need to start one like yesterday.
In regards to how to figure out what to write you need to generate content utilizing keywords that are related to your business.
Here’s an example:
My business is about customer acquisition
The title of this blog post is B2B Lead Generation Tips For Customer Acquisition
In addition B2B lead generation is also a keyword (that is searched often in Google) that fits with customer acquisition.
This leads me to the title of my blog post. Now I am writing about B2B lead generation tips for customer acquisition.
In essence this is a problem you’re having in your business and by writing this blog post I will be solving that problem for you.
Do you follow? Okay. Good. Let’s move on.
The reason content marketing generates 3 times as many leads is that it allows you to demonstrate that you’re competent and really know you’re stuff which will be evident in your writing.
Can you tell a business’ competence by looking at an Ad? Would you want to do business with them?
Also, when you write your personality shines through and allows your prospect to get to know you and how you operate. Based on that a prospect can decide whether or not you’re a fit for them.
Further producing content allows for two-way communication between you and your prospects. Your prospects can communicate with you in the comments section at the end of a blog post.
No other marketing method allows for that, which is why content marketing is so powerful for generating leads.
For additional reading on this topic check out an earlier post I wrote about the best online marketing tool for customer acquisition. I’ll give you a hint it has to do with content marketing.
Is one of the top 5 B2B lead generation methods that has been found to work well.
How do you start an email marketing campaign?
You need a way to capture those email addresses.
- First you need a reason for a prospect to sign up for your newsletter or join your email list when they visit your blog.
What constitutes a good reason?
- Give your prospect a report that can really help them with a problem they are having in their business or something that will really add to their bottom line, instead of a piece of crap.
Sign up for my newsletter and receive 5 tips that will increase your customer acquisition by 50%
Sign up for my newsletter and I will show you how to increase your bottom line by 30%
See there is some real meat on that bone with those offers to sign up for my newsletter.
As a business owner wouldn’t you want that information? I know you would, so why wouldn’t you sign up?
Another way you can use to get prospects to sign up for your email newsletter is to offer a content upgrade.
What is a content upgrade?
A content upgrade is simply an add-on to an existing blog post, that complements that information in some way.
I wrote a blog post about the Best Online Marketing Tool For Customer Acquisition
What is the best online marketing tool? A blog.
A content upgrade would be something along the lines of a step-by-step guide to generating content that produces results.
Follow me? Okay. Good.
Where and how do we offer the content upgrade?
You use lead generation software which allows you to put a box or a link to that content upgrade within your blog post which allows you to access it after you enter your email address.
LeadPages is my favorite lead generation software.
Also, in addition to lead generation software you need a way to email those leads – an email autoresponder.
Aweber works great and I recommend it, but you really can’t go wrong with any of the other options that are available to you.
Now that you have email addresses what do you do with them?
- build rapport
- find out your customers needs, wants, and desires
- see if your product or service can be part of the solution
- sell your product/service if it makes sense
Be sure to check out my email marketing tips for customer acquisition for more information.
As stated companies that use Twitter average 2 times more leads per month than those that do not.
Why is that?
- Twitter is simple, easy-to-use, and very easy to engage with potential prospects.
- Twitter is not as cumbersome as Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn to use. Everything you need to engage on Twitter can be done right from your Iphone.
- It is very easy to search for and find potential prospects on Twitter.
- Use images in your tweets. You’re more likely to gain interest as a picture is worth a thousand words.
What is your B2B lead generation process?
Do you have a B2B lead generation process in place?
Is that process working?
If that process is working, do you want to improve it?
If that process is not working, then why not?
Let’s connect so we can figure out how to help you put a lead generation process in place that will generate leads that will turn into customers.