[tweet_box design=”default” float=”none”]A picture is worth a thousand words[/tweet_box]
A short video that is 1 or 2 minutes long can take the place of thousands of words.
[tweet_box design=”default” float=”none”]Also, as humans we process visuals 60,000 times faster than text.[/tweet_box]
So, if you want your marketing message to stick and convert your prospects faster, you should strongly consider using video as part of your customer acquisition strategy.
Why should you spend the next few minutes reading the rest of this blog post?
- We will discuss statistical data on the importance of using video in your customer acquisition process and why it’s so effective.
- Don’t like video? Feel awkward talking into a camera? Don’t know what to say or how to say it? No problem. I am going to provide you with a solution for that. Hint: I will be using that solution in this blog post.
Sound good to you?
Statistical data that supports why you need to be using video in your
Customer acquisition marketing efforts
- Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic. (Source: Merchent Marketing Group)
- 65% of video viewers watch more than 3/4’s of a video. (Source: ReelnReel)
- 78% of people watch videos online every week. (Source: Groupon Works)
- 55% of people watch videos online every day. (Source: Groupon Works)
- In 2015, experts believe that video will make up 57% of consumer internet traffic, that’s the equivalent of almost 4 times as much as web browsing and email. (Source: Groupon Works)
- By 2017, this will have risen to 69%. (Source: Groupon Works)
- By 2018, this will have risen to 79%. (Source: Groupon Works)
- More than 80% of senior executives watch more online video today than they did a year ago. (Source: Forbes Insights)
- 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least weekly. (Source: Forbes Insights)
- 54% of senior executives share work-related videos with colleagues at least weekly. (Source: Forbes Insights)
- 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch the video. (Source: Forbes Insights)
- 69% of marketing, sales, and business professionals have used video marketing and another 31% are planning to. (Source: Inside CXM)
- A massive 81% of people feature their video on their brand website. (Source: Inside CXM)
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales, and communication. (Source: ReelnReel)
- 96% of B2B companies are planning to use video in their content marketing over the next year. (Source: Merchent Marketing Group)
- 52% of marketers that believe that video marketing is effective for brand awareness (52%), lead generation (45%), and online engagement (42%). (Source: Inside CXM)
- 67% found video marketing somewhat successful. (Source: Inside CXM)
- 18% found video marketing very successful. (Source: Inside CXM)
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%. Also, increases click through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%. (Source: Syndacast)
- Sites which include video have on average an extra 2 minute dwell time compared to sites which don’t. (Source: Merchent Marketing Group)
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best return-on-investment. (Source: ReelnReel)
What are your thoughts?
Are you convinced that not only do you need to use video for new customer acquisition, rather the dramatic results video can bring you?
You should be. Those are some telling statistics that’s for sure.
Also, you may be asking if video works so well as a customer acquisition strategy, then why don’t more businesses use it?
It’s really simple.
Making videos to use in your customer acquisition process is hard if you do not have any prior experience.
You perceive them to be hard to make.
I think it’s more the latter than the former.
You just have to dive and do it! You have to start somewhere.
Do you think every small business owner who started making videos was perfect out of the shoot their first time?
It takes time and practice like every other customer acquisition strategy you use in your business.
New customer acquisition using video – for those who do not want to talk on camera.
The great news is you do not have to talk on camera to make effective videos for use in your customer acquisition process.
How is that?
There are a number of tools out there for this, but I am only going to touch on one of them during our conversation.
If you happened to notice, that is exactly what I have on my homepage.
VideoScribe allows you to drag and drop to make the video.
All you do is choose what you want scribed in terms of images, words, etc.
There are a number of different soundtracks you can choose from in VideoScribe to add to your videos.
Trust me if I can do it, you can do it. That’s for sure.
The benefit here is you can leverage the power of video marketing without having to step in front of a camera, or worry about all kinds of editing software, making sure the quality is good, so on and so forth.
Sounds like a win-win to me.
What do you think?
Here is a VideoScribe. Essentially summarizing this blog post.
What are your thoughts?
Can you see how this will work in your
Customer acquisition process as part of your overall customer acquisition strategy?
One final thought to consider is this.
Your prospects are busier now than they’ve ever been, which means they want to be able to consume content in the quickest way possible. Video allows you to provide that to them.
Do you have a customer acquisition process in place for your business?
Is that process working?
If you could improve that process would you?
If you’re answering “Yes” to all of these questions then my hats off to you. Business must be awesome!
Otherwise you and I should talk. Let’s see how I can get you to where you want to be.