You don’t want that to happen do you?
No, you don’t and neither do I.
Which is why I am going to share with you the hottest new customer acquisition strategy you need to implement in your business.
So, stay with me as I explain this strategy in detail.
Why should you follow along and continue reading?
The strategy I am going to share with you produces 3 times more leads per dollar spent that traditional marketing (Source: Demand Metric).
The more leads you have = the more potential new customers you can acquire.
It’s a numbers game.
Could you as a small business owner use more leads?
Can you benefit from having more customers?
What would an increase in both leads and customers do for your business?
Can you guess what strategy I am talking about?
Okay here it is.
Content marketing is the hottest new customer acquisition strategy
You need to implement in your business.
What is content marketing?
According to Content Marketing Institute – Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience , ultimately to drive profitable customer action.
That’s it in a nutshell.
Follow me so far?
Good deal. Let’s keep moving as you don’t want to miss what’s to come.
[tweet_box design=”default” float=”none”]Remember for content marketing to be effective your content needs to be useful, relevant, and consistent[/tweet_box]
Now that we have established how your content needs to be (I can’t say this enough):
Let’s get into the nitty gritty of this white hot customer acquisition model.
Sound like a plan?
Now that you have a guideline for how your content must be in order to be effective let’s walk through how to go about it?
To employ our content marketing strategy we’re going to use the best online marketing tool to do so.
What is that?
If you’ve been living under a rock and don’t know what a blog is I strongly encourage you to check this blog post out to get familiar with it. Recommended Reading: Best Online Marketing Tool for Customer Acquisition..
- Your goal is to attract and retain a specific audience.
So, that means your content needs to be useful or beneficial to your target audience.
What do I mean by that?
Take this blog post I am writing for you the small business owner at this very moment.
As a small business owner you need new customers, and I am sharing with you the hottest new customer acquisition marketing strategy that will help you get new customers.
New customers means more revenue and more profit
Which is the goal of any
Customer Acquisition Model
This means my content is useful for you.
What would be an example of content that was not useful to you?
Writing about what type of office furniture you should use in your office.
That is not useful whatsoever.
Are you picking up what I am putting down?
Outstanding! Moving on.
- Your content needs to be relevant to your target audience.
What do I mean by relevant?
Again, I will use myself and this blog as an example.
My business is about helping you the small business owner with your customer acquisition process.
Therefore, every piece of content you see is centered around customer acquisition process.
So, it would make zero sense to produce content about:
Making money online.
Because that is not relevant to helping small business owners with their customer acquisition process.
- Your content needs to be consistent to maximize it’s effectiveness.
All 3 of these components we’re talking about are important, but consistency is the most critical.
There are many reasons for this, so let me explain.
What do you mean by consistent?
You need to product content that is useful, and relevant – consistently.
With being said if you produce content on your blog once a day stick to it!
Here’s a couple of reasons why.
- According to Google’s Zero Moment of Truth Research in 2012 it takes 10.4 pieces of content online before a prospect is ready to engage with you.
That is one prospect!
So, you need to keep producing useful and relevant content once per day.
I recommend you produce content once per day. Recommended Reading: Lead Generation Marketing Plan Template For Business
- The search engines i.e. Google thinks you’re relevant and “fresh” by producing content on a consistent basis (daily). When you appear relevant and fresh in Google’s eyes your chances of being found in search results are greater.
This last point on consistency is just as critical as the others we’ve already discussed.
- Make sure the format of your content is consistent day-after-day in each piece you produce.
What do I mean by this?
- If you typically include 1 image in each blog post, make sure you do that every single time. Don’t put an image in 1 blog post and leave it out the next. That is inconsistent. You want to be consistent throughout. Just like the mail man he comes every day, 6 days a week without fail.
- If you use bullet points or numbers in your content, do that every single time.
- Same can be said for utilizing bold, underline, and italics.
- Make sure your word counts are in a similar range each day. Don’t publish a blog post with 600 words one day, and then publish one with 1,700 words. Be consistent with word counts.
- If you’re trying to target 5 keywords in one post, make sure to target 5 keywords in the next post.
Why is it important to be consistent in all of the things we mentioned?
Because if not you will appear inconsistent to your prospects, which will give the perception that you’re inconsistent in your business and how you operate. This leads to less potential customers.
Perception is reality.
Be consistent with every aspect of your content marketing.
Do you have a content marketing strategy in place?
How is that strategy working for you?
If you could improve that strategy, would you?
If you answered “No” to any of these questions, you and I should chat to help get you on the right path?