Why is that?
Because they work and are the most effective for generating B2B leads.
I don’t know about you, but that will make me salivate until the cows come home.
More leads = more customers = more revenue = more profit
Which makes me smile, not to mention the Mrs. is beaming when this happens.
Happy wife. Happy life.
You know what I mean Verne?
So, did i just pick these top 10 lead generation techniques out of a hat?
It is based on scientific fact as there will be statistics to back them up.
So, why should you spend your precious time reading the rest of what I have to say?
- You need leads in order to help with your customer acquisition and I am sure you would like to know what lead generation tactics will give you the greatest return-on-investment. Also, my writing is highly entertaining as well.
Wouldn’t you agree?
So. let’s dig in. Shall we?
Top 10 lead generation techniques that will make you (the small business owner) drool.
What are they?
Cool your jets hot rod.
We’re going to get there.
According to insidesales.com here are the most effective to least effective lead generation methods you can use for new customer acquisition.
- inside sales, telemarketing
- virtual tradeshows, webinars, seminars, and physical tradeshows
- websites, search, and blogs
- radio, tv, advertising and outdoor marketing
- social media
What are your thoughts?
Before we continue I discussed in a recent blog post B2B lead generation methods – specifically conversation rates that go hand-in-hand with this blog post. So real quick go read it and come right back. Sound like a plan? Awesome sauce.
Recommended Reading: Do B2B Lead Generation Conversion Rates Matter?
Now, where are the lead generation techniques that will make you drool?
Ah. You need to keep reading my fellow small business owner to find out.
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms. (Source: Social Media B2B)
- Blogs give websites 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links. (Source: HubSpot)
- Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchase decisions than magazines. (Source: ContentPlus)
- Companies that blog 15 or more times per month get 5 times more traffic than companies that don’t blog. (Source: HubSpot)
- Companies that increase blogging from 3 to 5 times per month to 6 to 8 times per month almost double their leads. (Source: HubSpot)
- An average company will see a 45% growth in traffic when increasing total blog articles from 11-20 to 21-50 articles. (Source: HubSpot)
A blog is the best online marketing tool you can use for your business. Be sure to read this blog post I wrote a short time ago. It is definitely worth your time.
Recommended Reading: Best Online Marketing Tool For Customer Acquisition..
Do those statistics on blogging make you drool?
I should hope so.
I am drooling as I type this sentence.
If you’re not blogging (also known as content marketing) as part of your customer acquisition plan, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.
Search – SEO (search engine optimization)
Believe it or not this goes with what we just mentioned – blogging.
Wait until you get a load of these statistics I am going to share with you.
- Worldwide, we conduct 131 billion searches per month on the web. (Source: Comscore)
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic, not paid. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 60% of all organic clicks go to the top 3 organic search results. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. (Source: MarketShareHitsLink.com)
- 70% – 80% of users ignore paid search ads, focusing on the organic results. (Source: Search Engine Land)
- Search is the number # 1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%. (Source: Outbrain)
Can you see how SEO can help with your customer acquisition efforts?
I sure hope so.
If you’re going to blog to generate leads, it is in your best interest to utilize SEO to maximize your return-on-investment.
Sound like a plan?
Infographics are published on your blog to help you generate leads. Here are some eye-opening statistics as to why they work. If infographics are not part of your customer acquisition plan, you will want them to be after reading these numbers.
- Publishers who use infographics grow traffic an average of 12% more each year than those that don’t. (Source: AnsonAlex)
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text. (Source: Zabisco)
- 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. (Source: Zabisco)
See what I mean?
You should strongly consider using infographics as a lead generation method for your customer acquisition plan.
Okay my friend?
So, there is 3 of the top 10 with significant statistical data to back them up.
For the remaining 7 there is not the significant statistical data, but if you recall they are still the most effective lead generation methods you can use in your business.
Inside sales gives you the human element that is often needed in closing the deal. Also, what you have to pay an inside sales person is considerably less than an outside sales representative, but the return-on-investment is close.
Larger companies generate millions of dollars in revenue using an inside sales team. You in your small business can do the same, but on a smaller scale.
Telemarketing is more about appointment setting and getting prospects on the phone, they’re not your typical inside sales people. Their job is to whet the appetite of the prospect so an inside sales person can close the deal.
Telemarketers are relatively inexpensive to hire and often times you can find a college student to do your telemarketing for you at an affordable price.
Are you still with me?
Very economical way to attend a tradeshow.
You don’t have to spend money for travel, lodging, and food in addition to taking the time to attend the tradeshow.
What better way to reap some of the benefits of a tradeshow without incurring the expense.
Are you picking up what I am putting down?
Webinars are a great way to generate leads and they’re not done all that often by most small business owners.
Why is that?
Most are not comfortable running a webinar and it is a rather unorthodox way to generate leads, but highly effective. You should definitely try one.
Seminars give you the ability to network with a host of people and meet a lot of people face-to-face which as I’ve said before is the best way to generate leads and meet new prospects.
Physical tradeshows allow you to generate leads that are really serious buyers.
They get to touch, feel, experience your product/service before they buy. This drastically increases your chances of converting a lead to a customer real quick.
and last, but not least if you have deep pockets.
The sheer frequency that you hear a commercial while driving in your car, leads a prospect to act on what they’re hearing. More so than a tv commercial.
What do you pay attention to more?
A tv commercial or radio commercial?
I would go with option B.
What about you?
So, there you have it.
The top 10 lead generation techniques that will make you drool.
Do you have a customer acquisition process in place for your business?
Is that process working?
Is that process efficient?
Is that process cost-effective for your business?
If you could improve that process would you?
Do you need help in figuring out which parts of your process should stay or go?
If you’re answering “Yes” to all of these questions then my hats off to you. Business must be awesome!
Otherwise you and I should talk. Let’s see how I can get you to where you want to be.