Kurt A. Kummerer
Apr – 14 to Present
District Manager – Northern MA, ME, NH, VT
Manage all facets of sales process from prospect to customer via cold-calling, customer referrals and leads from industry trade shows. Sell office-based electrophysiology systems (capital equipment – avg. sale $52k) to Ophthalmologists (M.D.’s) and Optometrists (O.D.’s).
Feb – 10 to Mar – 14
Account Manager – Boston, MA (South), Rhode Island
“Hunter” position. Generate sales of retinal imaging devices (capital equipment – avg. sale $85k) by prospecting and customer referrals. Manage installed customer base and provide ongoing training to maximize ROI of the instrument.
- Rated 1of 9 in Northeast Region for new device placements in FY12.
- Ranked 4 of 10 in Northeast Region for new business in FY13.
- Finished 113% ($1,340,504) of goal for existing revenue, ranking 3 of 9.
Jan – 09 to Jan – 10
Sales Representative – S. Boston, MA
Manage and drive capital equipment and consumable business in academic institutions and hospitals through needs based selling and relationship building.
- Produced territory record in sales first full month in the position.
- 120% YTD sales over 2008.
- 111% YTD Gross Profit over 2008.
- Rookie of The Year award winner
Oct – 07 to Dec – 08
MODO Eyewear – 1099 Independent Contractor
Territory Manager – MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
Negotiate; manage luxury ophthalmic eyewear business utilizing relationships in ophthalmologist’s/optometrist’s offices to create presence in the marketplace.
- Influenced 36 of 148 accounts, 24% to buy after they had not bought in 10 years.
- Grew existing customer base by 63% in 6 month period.
- Recipient of the “Early Bird” award.
Jun – 07 to Sep – 07
REM Eyewear – 1099 Independent Contractor
Outside Sales Consultant – Eastern MA & RI
Negotiate; manage ophthalmic eyewear business utilizing relationships in ophthalmologist’s/optometrist’s offices to establish presence in the marketplace.
- Exceeded monthly sales targets by 183% & 143%
- Inspired new business by generating 21 new accounts.
Jan – 03 to Oct – 06
CIBA Vision Corporation, A Novartis Company
Field Sales Trainer – N.E. U.S./Senior Account Manager – MA, NH, ME
Coach; train a team of 10 junior and senior account managers on selling skills, time and territory management, product competency (company and competition). In addition responsible for training all new hires throughout the Northeast.
- Planned, developed, and supervised selling skills, product training programs for 52 field sales personnel (U.S.) at national sales meetings utilizing cross-functional field and headquarters working relationships to ensure appropriate programming.
- Implementation of standardized training with other U.S. Field Sales Trainers for utilization with new hires throughout the U.S.
- Provide on-going coaching, field training via co-travels and weekly conference calls to increase market share.
- Compile and provide written feedback from co-travels using co-travel reports to Regional Sales Director and Executive Sales Director when appropriate.
Promote, manage medical device care product business in ophthalmologist’s/optometrist’s offices to increase market share.
- Grew sales from $775,826 in Q3 2005 to $973,008 in Q3 2006; 68% growth; 2006.
- Rated 10th for sales growth over prior year; 44.4% over target; 2006.
- 1st in total sales volume of medical device care products; 2005.
- Achieved market share growth of medical device(s) in a declining market; 2006.
- Ranked 7th for account penetration of new to market medical device; 2006
Jun – 04 to Dec – 04
Professional Account Manager – MA
Promote, manage medical device care product business in ophthalmologist’s/optometrist’s offices. Modify practitioner behavior to use our products as primary to grow market share.
- Achieved top 15 ranking for strategic product growth exceeding target 104%; 2004.
- 1 of 10 recipients of $5,000 bonus for achieving a national goal of $20 million in sales for strategic brand(s); 2004.
Jan – 03 to Jun – 04
Account Manager – MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
Promote, manage medical device care product business in ophthalmologist’s/optometrist’s offices emphasizing key accounts. Shift practitioner habits to employ our products as first line to escalate market share.
- Distinguished Performance Award (President’s Club) 1 of 5 recipients in North America. This award is the highest level of recognition for field sales personnel; 2003.
- Ranked 1st in the Northeast Region exceeding target 132%; 2003.
- Finished 3rd for strategic product growth in North America; 2003.
Mar – 01 to Dec – 02
Buckeye Internationl, Inc.
Outside Sales Representative – Jacksonville, FL
Increase territory sales of commercial cleaning products and supplies in new and existing accounts.
- Increased distribution center sales by 51% from 2001 to 2002.
- Rated 1st for total sales volume.
- Achieved 74% of sales for record month in distribution center sales.
Finished 1st in Northeast Region for new business; 2012
Rookie of the Year; 2009
Distinguished Performance Award (President’s Club); 2003
Outstanding Dedication; 2003
Sales Call Leadership; 2003
Field Sales Trainer; 2004
Professional Sales Coaching; 2004
Dec – 00
University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL Bachelor of Science GPA 3.15